Re: [DL] Rolling attributes

>I decided to do the following:
>Mien - use as a "reaction" roll
>Knowledge - used to remember misc educational things (one dime novel uses a
>Knowledge check to recognice what kind of ship the posse sees)
>Nimbleness - moving on unstable ground

Actually some of these have other effects that player tend to neglect.

Nimbleness is walking/running speed. Have them chased by some big nasties
and see who will remember to have a higher Nimbleness(or have them make
riding tests when they are running from something, watch someone fail, fall
of there horse, and be eaten.  I guarntee that his next character will have
a descent nimblness and Ridin' skill.

I never have a problem with low Knowledge.  Knowledge is one third of the
Character equation and my players dont tend to neglect it(Now Cognition
seems to be the one they like to forget)

Mein is sometimes a problem, but this is easily solved by giving lots of
extra xp and rewards to people who use there mouths instead of there guns.
And don't forget Tale Tellin'.

As for Strength, Remind your pc that a guy with a D4 strength is a scrawny
wussie kinda guy.  You can't be a weather beaten intimidating Gun slinger
with a D4 strength.  Anyways this is less of a problem in my current
campaign(A long running HOE campaign, where everyone knows that
Swords/Clubs/Axe/Hockey Sticks don't use up valuable ammo, so my players
have descent Strength scores.)

Dan