[DL] Tellin' a Tale - Heart of Darkness

Don't worry, Marshals, I'll keep this spoiler-free.
I just wanted to share the first evening of this fine adventure with you,
fellow Listers.

We jumped right to LA. First thing the posee does, as one might expect, is
following their clues and they find a certain hotel at a certain address.
They wanted to know if you-know-who lives there, but they don't just ask the
clerk, they rather rent rooms for themselves, trying to find out the harder
way. But hey - who am I to deny them a little lurking around?
But just to make sure that they don't get to comfortable I tell them what a
place LA is. sure, they should know that from the Tombstone Epitah passages
I gave 'em to read, but you know those player-types.
So they find out, that prices are pretty high and food is pretty scarce.
People are desperate, no pets (another hungry mouth to feed), and a majority
of men (hard working minors) and few kids (first, another hungry mouth,
second - there just aren't that many respectful women in LA who see
themselves foremost as mothers).
The posse's reaction, bearing in mind that their on a mission where speed is
very important? Glad you asked: One wants to join the Guardian Angels ("Hey,
they seem to be well-fed!"), another looks for a job-opportunity ("I mean,
if soap is that expensive, I could make soap myself and sell it for half the
price and still make a fortune!") and the third (a japanese), after hearing
about them sharks in the bay: "They got sharks, hey, I rent a boat and go
fishing!"
Only the fourth tries to maintain focus ("Uhm, guys, we are here for a
reason, remember?").

anyway, the group splits up, two go investigating, the other two spend four
hours in the bay trying to catch a fish. And no, neither knows how to
maneuver a knifeboat. Or how to fish.
After a few almost lethal incidents including a big shark, an arrow and a
rope and almost being dragged down under water, the mad scientist on board
decides that this old-fashioned methods will bring them no sucess and throws
a stick of dynamite in the water - thus drawing the attention af a
patrolling Maze Runner.
They can talk (and bribe) their way out of it, but still...

It was fun - kind of, at least. And that's the most important thing. But I
really hate it when players deliberatley are trying to ignore a plot,
putting every effort in "why the hell should I go there and do this" instead
of "there's a job do be done, and we're doing it".

Anyway, I let you know how this continues...

Markus