AW: [DL] survivability

Concerning mano-a-mano:
These rules are very cinematic: two fighters who fight for minutes until the first gets through with an attack. I kinda like that. In my game, when we come to melee or hth-combat, there are some fighters who are just there to get wasted (fighting skill 1 or two) and there's this one who's as good as or better than the posse's martial artist.

And the fights don't really last that much longer than the fights in general.

> MARSHALLS ONLY...   the rest of you can bugger off.......

> ok, a memeber of my posse just died to Los diablos (2 out of 3 so far for
> the
> people that made it that far), and he did bring up a point.   the combat
> monkey characters have a chance (however slim) against them.   the
> non-combat
> character classes have no chance to face them in head to head combat, which
> is the arena the diablos try to force you into.   I've come up with some
> ideas on how to deal with this (it shouldn't be right that only combat
> monkeys get above 5 grit)  and I was wondering what you people had done in
> your games before I mention any of my ideas...

Do you send a diablo everytime a character reaches 5 grit? Doesn't it say in the rulebook something like: "after the first character reaches 5 grit, Los Diablo comes"? And that there is one hell-bull for every 5-griter in the posse?
At least that's the way I dealt with that. So, the posse hat a good chance to survive, especially since there were three or four against one beast. I almost got the target, though, since the bul focused on getting him.

My players were really shocked about that Bull. But if I did that again, the terror would have been less and after the third their reaction would be: "Damn, I'm up to 5 grit. So it's Bull-Time again... Hey, Marshal, I buy the biggest rifle that's available with AP ammo!"

Markus