Fra: Doplegnger@aol.com [mailto:Doplegnger@aol.com]
Sendt: 11. februar 2002 06:47
Til: deadlands@gamerz.net
Emne: [DL] survivability

first off- I have noticed that fighting may be a little too good with the +
to difficulty to hit, being used to dodge fighting, and the ability to hit
things with it.    has anyone experimented with dropping the addition to
difficulty to hit? this would speed up combat since two insanely good
fighters wouldn't just whiff each other continuously, also it would bring it

more in line with shooting (though still better because it's used to dodge
HTH attacks.   just a thought, the rest of this message is

MARSHALLS ONLY...   the rest of you can bugger off.......

ok, a memeber of my posse just died to Los diablos (2 out of 3 so far for
the
people that made it that far), and he did bring up a point.   the combat
monkey characters have a chance (however slim) against them.   the
non-combat
character classes have no chance to face them in head to head combat, which
is the arena the diablos try to force you into.   I've come up with some
ideas on how to deal with this (it shouldn't be right that only combat
monkeys get above 5 grit)  and I was wondering what you people had done in
your games before I mention any of my ideas...