RE: [DL] super DL characters...

 >Try to beat the munchkin players at their own game? That's one approach but
 >it usually causes problems as the game degenerates into a competition and
 >storytelling either takes a back seat or goes right into the crapper. My
 >suggestion is to do away with random character generation alltogether. I
 >posted a system on the PEG website a few months back. We've been using it in
 >my own games for years, anybody interested contact me directly and I'll
 >forward the file.

The beauty of DL is that you don't necessarily have to worry about the
munchkins.

To paraphrase a famous quote - "God created all men equal, 6d8 points of
rifle damage to the head keeps 'em that way."

Everybody takes just about the same amount of damage - they all have the
same hit points, as it were.  Given that baseline, the players that I've
had with high stats tended to succeed more often at their skill rolls, but
they were just as vulnerable in a combat.

Well - one exception - a player I had who was playing a martial artist
under the older Great Maze rules really overpowered the rest of the party
as he had good movement, great attacks, good defense, and the ability to
heal himself.

But that was in the mechanics of the martial artist, and not so much with
his stats.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/