Re: [DL] alternate "alternate history"

In a message dated 2/21/2002 5:47:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
shoffner@usit.net writes:

<< Turtledove (Yeah, that Guns of the South dude...) has recently churned out
 really warped view of the Civil War, set in a fantasy type environment,
 where the North Provinces secede from the South Kingdom when Prince Avram is
 crowned King.  I didn't have the willingness to read it after about ten
 pages (not sure why; guess I'm just getting tired of reading right now), but
 it might be of interest to some of you.  As for the title... eh.  Can't
 think of it right now. >>

OH MAN it looked terrible. I couldn't bring myself to open it. I mean, I know
you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I mean UGH. Sorry,
Harry, I couldn't bring myself!

Peter Berard

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

-Admiral David Farragut, Siege of Mobile