[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020223

In a message dated 2/24/02 12:01:27 AM, deadlands-owner@gamerz.net writes:
SPOILERS

<<
Heya, I've kinda hit a stumbling block and I wonder for some ideas:

I'm about to run a Campaign in Gommora, CA, starting w/ the
"Ghostbusters" adventure (which I haven't read yet, but I ordered it)
and I have a character who's playing a Saloon Gal. On her draw, she got
a joker and drew to be a "bad" Doppleganger (as in Marshal's Guide). I
can't think who a Saloon gal might look like that's bad... thanks for
any ideas.

I think the Rachel Sumner idea works, though I'd take it a step furthur and
say she looks like Jewel.   at any rate, I'd watch out on the whole Gommorra
campaign idea, I tried to do that, and it flopped miserably.   the basic
problem being the Marshall controlled characters in Gommorra are just too
darn cool and they overshadow player characters, also, if the characters
esatblish themselves as any sort of a power in the town, they're going to
annoy someone, and thus they're liable to end up dead. just my take on it, I
hope your game runs better.   (and ghostbusters starts just after Knicky
boy's temper tantrum, so you can adjust your timeline for when they get to
gommorra depending on how long you want to run gommorra for.)