-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net] On
Behalf Of Evil Robot Shane From Another Dimension
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:09 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] more questions

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:53:38PM -0700, Lisa Kenison said:
> i have cursed dice--i always lose initiative and miss more than i hit
> when i play

 I disagree - rolling well or badly is caused by belief, mind over
matter, not  by particular dice.  Any given die rolled idly will produce
a fairly random  number, but when it's an important roll (including any
roll in a game), the  result will be influenced by what the roller
believes will come up.  The  only reason lucky dice are lucky are
because people BELIEVE they will be.  What you believe to be lucky dice
can be handy as a focus for your mental  powers, but ideally we should
all be seeking to elevate ourselves beyond the  need for such corporeal
anchors.  Experts can actually affect others' rolls  as well as their
own.

> so what is your favorite color of dice to use?

 My favourite die in the whole world is a D12 I picked up in Zurich.
It's  just a Chessex die, but it's red and blue with silver numbers and
I love  it to bits and have been looking for others like it for ages and
have never  found any.

 Wishkah