RE: [DL] more questions

--- Joe Frankovitch <slvrdrgn@larp.com> wrote:
> Bah!  Dice are dice.  They follow the laws of probability, not mind
> over
> matter or luck.  If a die is rolling badly, and has been for a while,
> probability says its due for a good roll soon.

Actually, this is incorrect.  If I flip a coin one million times and it
comes up heads one million times, then the odds of it flipping tails on
the next flip are exactly 50:50.  Probability is not cumulative.  If I
roll a twenty sider one million times and get one million ones, then
the probability of it rolling a one on the one-million-and-first roll
is still one in twenty.  It may seem like it's "due for a good roll"
but that's just not right.  It's not due for anything save "another
roll".

=====
Be Seeing You,
Bryce