[DL] Scientist in the Lone Stars

I don't know if this is going to be addressed by the sourcebook coming out for the Texas Rangers, I am thinking about creating a character based off the Ichabod Crane in Tim Burton's movie version of Sleepy Hollow. This means having him be a (mad) scientist and perhaps an alchemist as well.  A medicine: surgery skill may be needed (to preform autopsies).  I am wondering whether or not to include somthing for patchwork science. Lemme know what ya think on that?