[DL] Scientist in the Lone Stars

Sorry about the other one, my email slipped.

As to your question, in a word, yes.  While the rank and file of the Rangers
doesn't know everything going on, the higher ups would be aware that
patchworks are basically walking dead.  I know "The Last Stop" had a
patchwork with a personality, but I see that as just an alteration of being
Harrowed (kind of like the Edge in the other post).

Hmm, let me clear something up here.  You're saying "HAVE knowledge of
patchwork science" which is different from USING that knowledge.  That would
be what I think the higher ups would have a problem with.

On the other hand, a character that was knowledgeable in the dead (both the
normal and mobile kind) would be a cool MS Ranger.  Except he doesn't focus
on reanimating the dead, but "DE"-animating them.  Imagine a flamethrower
type assembly that sprays out that alchemical formula (from Smith & Robards
I think) that dissolves dead flesh.  You wouldn't have to worry about
hitting your friends or bystanders in the area (unless they're harrowed of
course).

As an aside, I don't believe anyone was saying that the Rangers don't have
operatives of a more subtle or cerebral bent; only that the rules for such a
character could easily be adapted from "The Agency."  So there really was no
reason to reprint them in "Lone Stars."

Clint Black

"LORD, WHAT CAN Captain Sydney Send FREE FOR THE Editor Emeritus At-Large by
the Grace of Dark Heaven"

AHHH!!!  It's the patchwork Sig line!!