[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020228

Hey, kids. I hope I'm doing this right and this post goes on the list.
Anyway, I'm a new Marshall, the name's Shael. I just switched from Deadlands
D20 (please no death threats) to original deadlands. During character
creation one of my players drew the red joker and her concept was an orphan
who insists she'd been raised by wolves before she was adopted. So, I
thought an apropriate mysterious past would be lycanthropy. I came up with
the following, which functions, for all intensive purpouses, as a nack.

Lycanthropy (werewolf):
White chip: transform into a regular wolf. 'May only use this ability when
being attacked physically OR when no one's lookin'.
-I added that last part because part of her concept is that no one believes
the far-fetched but true stories she tells.
Blue chip: as above or Grow lupine claws and teeth. Claws function as per
the harrowed power level 1. 'May only use this ability when being attacked
physically OR when no one's lookin'.
Red chip: any ability above or Transform into a full-fledged werewolf as
seen in the Marshal's Handbook. 'May only use this ability when being
attacked physically OR when no one's lookin'
Legend chip: any ability above or summon 3d6 of your lupine kin. Use this
ability only when wolves could reasonably be in the area. Furthermore, if a
legend chip is used to activate any previous ability it may be used in spite
of who's watching.

During a fool moon your character is in a murderous rampage and is under the
control of the marshal.

-So, what do you think? Balanced? Should I tone it down?

By the way, why can't I find any Deadlands books in the fine state of New
York? I've been all the way from the tip of Cannada to the New Jersey
border, including the huge city in between and I cannot find a single
Deadlands book. 'Had to order them online. Ciao!
-Shael