RE: [DL] Pistols Revamp Question

Title: RE: [DL] Pistols Revamp Question

> On Thursday, February 28, 2002, at 11:32  AM, Reemull wrote:
> > 0.44R       3D6
>
> I think Law Dogs recommends this be a 3d6 +1, but that's from memory.

Yeah on Law Dogs Pg 68 describes the .44R as being more powerful than a standard .44 cartridge and it suggests adding +1 to it's damage rating.

However while scanning the web I came across a page

http://www.armchairgunshow.com/SAA-info.html

that said while talking about the Peacemaker

"In its most common chamberings of .45 Colt and .44-40, it offered a power edge over the S&W .44 Russian round."

Which suggests that increasing 0.44R to 3D6+1 and leaving 0.45 at 3D6 isn't right either.  But I was planning on scrapping the Law Dogs damage ratings, only keeping it's overall max and min damage levels for pistols and write my own.

Anyway that quote suggests that my initial list of increasing caliber's should say

0.44
0.44R
.44-40
0.45