Re: [DL] Comments and Advice for a LS player? (SPOILER)

>          Is anyone clear on whether or not Agency equipment (mainly
wrist-spring derringers, sleeve daggers, and the
"It-Won't-Hurt-Quite-As-Bad" vest) can be > used by others? If I choose a
Huckster Ranger, those wold be nice to see that the keeps his hide intact.

There's no reason the Rangers wouldn't have developed equivalent gear for
some of the things that would obviously be handy, like a stronger armored
duster (probably without the extra hidden pockets) or sleeve springs.
However, they most likely wouldn't have developed the things like rifle
canes, hat guns, and the various hollow things for drop points, though they
MIGHT (big might) have invisible ink.  Subtlety just isn't the Rangers'
strong suit.  They tend to have conversations like the following:

Farmer Brown: What in God's name was that thing?
Ranger: Oh, nothing.  That was just a pigeon.
FB: A pigeon?  THAT size?
Ranger: <noticably irritated> Yeah, it was definitely a pigeon.  Now, I'd
suggest that you best keep your lip-flapping under control while I go rustle
me up some squab.  If I find out when I get back that you've been discussin'
this pigeon of ours, I'm gonna be a bit upset.  Am I understood?
FB: You know, come to think of it, I think I did see a pigeon that size
once.  This one's nothing special then, I guess.  I'd, uh, better get back
to my crop, then.

Yeah, subterfuge and secrecy can be fun, but so can getting them to see
things your way, at least officially :) .

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times