[DL] Quick Shootin', LS archetypes, & the Blasted Question....

Figuring out how fast one can shoot....

Yep; as this whole line of questioning points out, probably one of the
biggest weaknesses of DL is just what rules do ya use when playing?  Easiest
answer is: "Whatever the Marshal says."  Our group plays straight ROF, no
penalties.  Heck, it someone wants to put that much lead in the air, it just
means the Marshal can too.

I think someone had listed home rules for shooting DA pistols that had the
second shot being fired at -2 (stiff trigger) & then would only hit if the
person rolled a raise.  Well in that case, the penalty is -7, not -2.  I'd
say keep the -2 if you like the stiff trigger aspect, not allow them to aim,
but keep the TN the same as the first bullet.  Of course, my favorite
character is a Hexslinger.....

Happy birthday, Mr. McGlothlin.  33?  One thing I hate about the internet is
I finally thought I found someone one this here site older than me (hey, he
teaches & publishes!) & then you had to go & ruin it!  Couldn't fit in the
LS archetypes?  Well, for my part, although the archetypes were interesting
to look at, I never have used them, so I'd much rather have "meat" writing.
So, you did a revision of the hexslinger?  Sounds interesting considering it
sounds right up my alley....

Oh, & as for suggested LS archetypes, how about the:  Crazed Psycho Ranger.
"I've been around the great many parts of this here country, & what I've
seen would make even the strongest man die of fright.  Then why am I still
here?  Because I'm death incarnate, my friend.  I have seen the evil that
the North intends to inflict upon the South, & I intend to do something
about it.  Notice how I never drink anything except rainwater?  It's because
those damned Yankees have polluted our water in an effort to control our
minds.  It is my desire, no, my destiny, to destroy our enemies & protect
our precious, bodily fluids........."  Gee, ya think Grim Servant of Death,
& Loco: Paranoid would fit?  Maybe even, Belongin's: 5; Ghost Rock Bomb.

Finally, yes, I know it's been asked before, but it is required by federal
law that everyone MUST ask....

"So when is the next Harry Potter book coming out?"

(heh-heh.... Aren't you glad I didn't ask about LS?)

Jeff S