Re: [DL] Hope Mongers

> The main hing here is that to make that sort of
relic reliably, the hero
> would already have to be pretty amazing.

True, which is why i suggested a whole posse who
quietly follows the "Hero" around, secretly useing
hexes and such to make the already amazing hero look
even better.

> I think this would hurt the image of the Agency and
other forces.

Exactly, the agency and the rangers use intimidation
to cover things up and by doing so become objects of
fear themselves.

> First,> they don't want people to even know about
abominations...  Second, the
> agency is, from an out-of-game context (the players
know what's really> happening, even if their
characters don't!) a great GM tool because of
> it's fundamentally flawed nature. They don't
understand the game concept of fear levels, they just
know that slavering monsters from beyond are a
> bad, bad thing.

I'm sorry if I din't make that part clear, I was in
no way suggesting that the agency would be behind
such a plan. I had thought of a charater concept of a
early day pinkerton agent getting a clue what was
going on for real, who decided that the whole concept
of the Agency was a bed ideal. So when the Agency was
being formed, he took the option to stay with the
pinkerton detective agency and then quietly retired
to start up the whole liveing legend progect. Sort of
a metaphysical Mad scienctist.

And if you think keeping the charaters ignorant of
whats really going on is a good ideal, I'd agree.
This was just a concept I'd thought I'd throw out
thier in case someone wanted to grab it up and run
with it.