Re: [DL] Hope Mongers

I'm sorry if I din't make that part clear, I was in
>such a plan. I had thought of a charater concept of a
>early day pinkerton agent getting a clue what was
>going on for real, who decided that the whole concept
>of the Agency was a bed ideal. So when the Agency was
>being formed, he took the option to stay with the
>pinkerton detective agency and then quietly retired
>to start up the whole liveing legend progect. Sort of
>a metaphysical Mad scienctist.

         The Pinkertons were the first Union governmental group to combat the Reckoning, as such Allen Pinkerton kept the Reckoning secret from all but a cadre of experienced detectives that he knew he could trust.....he swore them to secrecy.  President Grant drafted the Pinkertons who were already experienced in the war against the abominations into the Agency.  If this Pinkerton of yours knew of the Reckoning but didn't want to play ball, I'd say he would be thrown in jail (maybe for draft dodging, or to keep his mouth shut about what he'd seen in jail) or be the guest of honor at a neck tie party.