Re: [DL] A Survey [so Marguerite has something to read ;-)]

Favorite Law Dog-
Fiction:         Colonel Mortimer from "A few dollars more."
Nonfiction:    Roy Bean

Favorite Gunslinger-
Fiction:           "The Man without no name."
Nonfiction:     Wyatt Earp

Favorite Outlaw
Fiction:        Tuco
Nonfiction:  John Wesley Harding

Favorite Indian
Fiction:        "Joseph" in the Maverick movie
Nonfiction:   Chief Crowfoot

Favorite Cowboy
Fiction:        Lucky Luke
Nonfiction:

Favorite Gambler
Fiction:          Maverick
Nonfiction:    Doc Holiday

Favorite Old West town
Fiction:        Nothing Gulch
Nonfiction:   Deadwood

Favorite "Rebel"
Fiction:         Colonel Harry Flashman
Nonfiction:   H.L. Hunley and company

Favorite "Yankee"
Fiction:        Major Harry Flashman
Nonfiction:   Joseph Chamberlain

Event that personifies the "Old West" to you
Fiction:        The climax to "the Searchers"
Nonfiction:   Little Big Horn

Favorite "Mad" Scientist
Fiction:          Artemis Gordon
Nonfiction:    Thomas Alva Edison

And last but not least...

Favorite Villain
Fiction:        Little Bill in "Unforgiven"
Nonfiction:   George Custer

          Daniel Gwyn
"The discrepancy between faith and the facts is
greater than is generally assumed."