Re: SV: [DL] Oldest harrowed

--- Brom Clancy <spleen23@webtrolls.com> wrote:

> Even though the hunting
> > grounds were closed off, some energy leaked out,
> > because minor weirdness still existed.
> >
> > -MW
> >
> for instance Old Mr two fang himself, Dracula, who
> managed to become a vampire in the 15C just by being
>
> himself.
>
> Now I belive the books say that no harrowed were
> created during the time the hunting grounds were
> sealed(is there a name for this time period?),but
> some harrowed continued to stay upright during this
> time and at least one survived to the current time.
>
> What I was wondering though, is thier any other
> horrors that could have both stayed active acter the
>
> time of the seal and even be able to create new
> horrors. For instance was werewolfism and vampireism
>
> still contaigious during the time of the seal?

I'd say yes, since you pointed out, Drac was born
during this time.  Also, check out perdition's
daughter for a very old abomination.

Now for the flip side, I threw a few thousand year old
mummy into my game a few session back.  He only
activated recently (within the past 13 years).  Now as
far as he knows, he's been active this whole time.

An abomination that thinks it's been around since
pre-gettysberg isn't much different than one who has
been around since pre-gettysberg, and is a great tool
for confusing the posse.

-MW