Re: SV: [DL] Oldest harrowed

Spoilers ahead.

 >However, without a direct link to the Hunting Grounds,
 >I would imagine Harrowed using their powers would be
 >hard to do. So you'd have a bunch of once dead guys
 >walking around with no real extraordinary abilities.

So.
What you have when the Grounds were closed off is a bunch of Harrowed who
suddenly lost all of their powers, except for the most basic ones of
keeping the body alive.  That happened, what, 1600 or so years before the
Reckoning.

Since that time there have been wars, crusades, inquisitions, pogroms,
natural disasters, upheavals, chaos, and anarchy - all with a supporting
cast of millions of folks who tend to destroy anything with even the
faintest wiff of the supernatural without a second thought crossing their
minds. . .

So.
What you have in 1877 are the survivors of 1600 (or so) years of life on
this planet.  The most ruthless, mean, cunning, manipulative, iron-willed,
subtle, intelligent predators to survive the darwinian pressures of over a
millenia and a half.

And then he (they?) gets his (their) powers back. . .

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early.
                 -Yogi Berra