RE: [DL] Too easy!

 >Question: Can you use multiple chips on a single wound?

Yes.

BUT - if you want a far more painful game, then say no.

 >Note to self: i need to re-read most of the combat chapter. Especially how
 >to handle cover, etc.

Cover is pretty simple.  You decide what body parts are behind cover - if
the location roll comes up with a covered area then roll a d6.
1-3 - the round is deflected.
4-6 - the round attempts to penetrate the cover.  Treat it like armor with
a value based on the material and thickness of the cover.

 >They managed to take him down, however, and my three measley chips did
 >nothing to save him. I actually spent some: I'm correcting my habit of
 >hoarding chips, which does nothing, since I've assumed the GM can't keep
 >chips between sessions.

Ah-hah. . .

1)  On a chip-to-chip ratio, it is FAR more effective to use your chips on
making to hit rolls.  That one chip you spend to get a hit will damage a
player, probably causing them to burn 2-4 chips to negate the damage.

:)

Only use your chips to negate damage if it's some big, bad monstrosity or
the master villian.  The only time I would spend chips on a mook is if the
mook has a) a big weapon b) an action coming up real soon and c) a more
than reasonable chance to hit with the weapon.

2)  Who says a marshal can't keep chips between sessions?  Just keep
yourself to a maximum of 10 chips.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

When the ADC syncronizes the Exchange 5.5 DS's DLs with AD, the ADC creates
a Universal Distribution Group (UDG) in AD for each DL.
                 - Windows 2000 Magazine, Oct. 2001