Re: [DL] Opinion on the Bless'd

> > One of my players was discussing Deadlands characters w/ me - and he
> > believes that ALL preachers/holy people, of  any faith, are Blessed (as
>in
> > Arcane Bkgnd: Blessed) and have all the rights/responsibilities as
>related
> > to that. I disagree. I believe you can have a right holy preacher or
>other
> > good standing leader of a religious group w/o being blessed. Being
>blessed
> > is a special gift from the God/dess/es of your choice. In my opinion,
>there
> > are NOT tons of AB characters running about (my opinion is there's no
>more
> > then 1500 Harrowed, 800 or so Blessed, 2000 Hucksters, 1000 Mad
>Scientists
> > and some 1300 shamans in all of North America), and having every
>preacher
> > who's in good standing be Blessed is unbalanced. So what do you all
>think?

You are correct sir.  Although for your AB numbers, I'd increase Mad
Scientist maybe to as much as 5-10 thousand.  The Reckoners has a very
specific use for them and they want a lot.  At least until one of them gets
smart enough to invent something really nasty(If you've looked at Deadlands
sister game Hell on Earth, I'm sure you realize what the Reckoners want
invented).

Dan