[DL] Value of Gold/Gold Bars

Does anyone have an idea of how much a bar of gold would be worth in the
Weird West? There are a few for the posse to find in "On Harrowed Ground,"
but I haven't been able to find any value for them. The best information
I've been able to find so far says that gold was about $22.30/oz back in
1876 (http://goldinfo.net/goldhistory.html), but I have no idea how much
bars back then weigh. I've found that 400 ounces is about the standard for
today (http://newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99241.htm), but I'm not
sure if the same could be true of today? Does $8920 a bar sound like too
much? I've already considered that if I don't like the results I can always
reduce the number of bars, but I'm trying to keep somewhat grounded to
history.

Aurė entuluva,
Wes
___
When a man lies he murders part of the world