[DL] Using ideas from other game systems

I just went on a buying spree lately and picked up
several game systems.  Some of the ideas seemed like
good suggestions for deadlands.

Stunts:  Both Feng Shui and Exalted use a system where
players get rewarded for doing stunts.  Normally if
someone wanted to do something extra, I would penalize
it with a higher TN, even if the end result would have
been the same.  After looking how the above systems
handle stunts, I wonder if I should keep doing that.
By not allowing players to do stunts, instead of
creative attacks I get the same old, "Ok, I try to hit
it."  Could a 'stunt system' work in Deadlands?

An example from my game:  A MA was standing on a
dining room table, and wanted to jump off it, over a
mummy, and kicking it in the back.  I gave them a high
TN tht they easily could have handled with their
numerous dice.  Instead the settled for the easier,
simple strike.  Should I have rewarded the stunt for
the player using a few more brain cells?

Relics:  Seems to be a hot topic.  Unknown Armies had
a brief mention that it is a known fact (or at least
to the underworld) that significant events/people
create relics (much like Deadlands).  As a result,
several sorcery types tend to comb through areas of
significance collecting every minor thing they can in
hopes it has magical powers.  I could see something
similar in Deadlands, especially with high powered
characters.  Groups will flock to them and steal/buy
their items in hopes of getting something with magical
powers.  This could also be an interesting idea for a
PC.  What do people think?

-MW