RE: [DL] LeMat weapons

 --- Brom Clancy <spleen23@webtrolls.com> wrote: >

> I've only seen the lemat in a museum case, but it
> looked pretty damed big in comparison to the other
> western era guns. Since you have handled one how does
> it compare in sheer size and weight to other handguns?

I've been trying to sort out some weights of weapons for my game just
to give the players a better idea of the guns they are using.

Peacemaker weighs in at around 1.25 Kg (2lbs 13oz)
LeMat Pistol is around 1.55 Kg (3lbs 7oz); 6.75" Barrel, 13" Overall
length
Colt Walker is about 2.05Kg (4lbs 9oz), 9" Barrel, 16" Overall length

I would say that the LeMat is big in comparison to normal pistols of
the 1876 era - however is overshadowed by the earlier big "Dragoon" and
"Walker" pistols.

I should add that I know nothing about guns and all of the above is
gleaned from a web search.

Cheers

Roy