Re: [DL] hate DeadLands d20 ... love HOL (getting OT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Downs" <knick_nevin@yahoo.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] hate DeadLands d20 ... love HOL (getting OT)

> --- Lord Jobe <lordjobe@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > HoL was a joke, but at least it was a good joke.
>
> that doesn't mean you can't play it
> after all, Paranoia was a joke, and it was also fun to
> play
> Toon was been a joke, but wore thin too quickly when
> played
> d20 SHOULD be a joke
> -doc
>
> p.s.- a know someone who likened d20 to chemical
> warfare for rpgs, like a virus it spread to almost
> every independent company and just helped WOTC's sales
> of PHBs and DMGs

I must strongly disagree with you about the d20 System. If nothing else, WotC finally gave D&D the overhaul
it desperately needed and in the process, we were given another game engine that can be adapted to whatever
you want.
As for the selling of PHBs, DMGs, and Monster Manuals, why not. Sure you need the Core Rules books to play
d20 games, but as Shane mentioned during the creation of Wierd Wars, not having to reprint a lot of stuff
(like all the PHB spells) just makes it that much easier when putting together a d20 book for non-WotC
companies. Besides, if a group has the PHB, DMG, & MM, why not check out some of the other d20 games like
Deadlands d20, Dragonstar, or Soverign Stone?

---
"You can observe a lot by watching."
 -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785