Re: [DL] hate DeadLands d20 ... love HOL (getting OT)

At 02:43 PM 3/27/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> [...]

The problem is that while they overhauled the system, they had to stick
with too many unworkable concepts to maintain backward compatibility.

And name a game system that can't be adapted to a particular setting.  The
Chaosium system has been around for years and has been used for all sorts
of settings.

Even Deadlands, a pretty setting specific set of rules, is soon going into
space.

The real question in adaptability is whether or not it's worthwhile to do
so in the first place.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

Despite the fact that meat is made from dead animals, it shouldn't smell
that way. Try this test for meat freshness: close your eyes and see if you
can tell the pork chops from a gym locker.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke