Re: [DL] Gamesystems (was d20 DL and HOL) - GURPS

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Ogden" <w_ogden@hotmail.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Gamesystems (was d20 DL and HOL) - GURPS

> >From: "Lord Jobe" <lordjobe@bigfoot.com>
> >True, but crits get much easier in GURPS at higher skill levels. The crit
> >starts out at 3-4 (on 3d6).
> >If a skill is 15, the crit rises to 5. At 16 skill, the crit rises to 6. A
> >7 crit requires a 20 skill. After
> >that, the crit rises by 1 per 5 skill points to a maximum crit of 10 at 35
> >skill.
> >Please not that these are figured after all modifiers are applied, so with
> >aiming and great rifle (like a
> >Barret Model 82 with the standard x8 scope) and expert level skill (16),
> >you can get a skill of 25+ without
> >too much trouble.
>
> You end up with high attack skill players taking called shots to the brain
> on every attack, that way if it isn't parried, it hurts a lot.
> Note that the extended crits are an optional rule, and I believe apply to
> the base skill, not skill+mods (but I could be wrong, and it could be done
> either way)

Yes, increased criticals are an optional rule originally proposed in GURPS Supers, but they are dependent on
the final modified skill before the die roll.

---
"You can observe a lot by watching."
 -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785