Re: [DL] RPGA Living Deadlands?!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nils Anker Oldefar" <he1021@non.tietgen.dk>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 2:22 AM
Subject: SV: [DL] RPGA Living Deadlands?!

> Sounds interesting but what exactly is meant by "living", do we Marshal's
> share info about our possee's doings? And wouldn't it include having a
> special in-game-time-limit?
> Sounds great though I although not a member of RPGA I offer my support.

The way it works is that there is a group of people who coordinate the
campaign at the RPGA level, either employees of the RPGA (In the case of
Living City, Living Greyhawk, and Living Force) or Fans who volunteer their
time.  They set up all specific details of the campaign, and are responsible
for reviewing, approving, and distrubuting adventures.  The adventures are
available for download from the RPGA Website by members for a small fee, and
can be run at Conventions, Game Days at a local store, or even in home play.
All modules will fit into a specific timeline that is set up by the
coordinators, and will in some way or another advance the timeline and the
campaign world.  The players who take part get to keep their characters and
use them from one game to the next, with the Referee who runs the specific
game signing and dating a log which states what the characters recieve (with
respect to money and experience.)  In addition, major items have
certificates, which also are signed and dated by the Referee who ran the
game.  Characters who are used for Living campaigns may NOT be used in non
Living campaign play, or if they are, may not benefit from it.  In addition,
only adventures which are approved by the Coordinators may be used (so you
can't write your own adventure, then use it, unless you submit it to the
Coordinators.)