[DL] The Munchkin Twins

Good morning,

I've got a couple dudes in my posse who have their characters fairly
tweaked out, accentuation their edges and ignoring their hindrances. Now,
while I'm sure several of us do this, by degrees, these two have taken it
to a new level.

For example, when they walk into a combat situation (which could be
anywhere with our marshal) they have a habit of cocking all their guns,
thinking that this will lower their Speed from 2 to 1. (We play 1st edition
classic DL.) While the marshal has stated that this makes little
difference, I've noticed that these two are totally geared out with
shootin' irons.

The each have a pair or Winchester rifles strapped to their backs, in some
sort of leather rifle scabbards. I imagine this looks like some weird
samurai crossed swords thing. They also have speed loaders coming out their
butts. I think all this is to avoid reloading in combat, which isn't fun,
agreed.

So, anyone else heard of the crossed rifle scabbard deal? I thought a rifle
scabbard attached to a saddle.

How about speed loaders? What exactly are these things? I know what a
contemporary speed loader is, but that only works with a revolver that can
be broken in half when opened. Did all western guns break open like that?
Other than the listing in the gear section, are there other citations of
rules for using a speed loader? Not the speed load ability, but a speed
loader. I know that with some cap and ball revolvers dudes used to carry an
extra cylinder or two. Is this a speed loader?

I like playing with these two, so I certainly won't confront them with my
criticisms. Hell, if my marshal okays it, who am I to gain say him? And
having these munchkin howitzers with us certainly cuts down on the overall
posse casualties.

thanks,

matt