Re: [DL] The Munchkin Twins

>I've got a couple dudes in my posse who have their characters fairly
>tweaked out, accentuation their edges and ignoring their hindrances.

Actually this is the Beauty of the Deadlands System(if Ran correctly).  If
the players really play there flaws then the Marshall should be rewarding
chips to them.  If not they should quickly fall behind the XP curve
established by players who are playing there flaws

>>For example, when they walk into a combat situation (which could be
>anywhere with our marshal) they have a habit of cocking all their guns,
>thinking that this will lower their Speed from 2 to 1.

For the First round of Combat...With single Action Pistols this might be the
case.  But not for additional rounds and not with Rifles(Since Rifles speed
2 takes into account that you have to bring a Rifle to your shoulder and
such)

>The each have a pair or Winchester rifles strapped to their backs, in some
>sort of leather rifle scabbards. I imagine this looks like some weird
>samurai crossed swords thing.

Samurai general Carry Daisho,  A Katana and a Wakizachi on there side.
These guys just look like Targets for the Local Law enforcement

>They also have speed loaders coming out their
>butts. I think all this is to avoid reloading in combat, which isn't fun,
>agreed.

Speedloader for Winchester Rifle?!?!?  Unless they have some sort of Mad
Scientist Gizmo,  These just don't exist.  Bullets on a Winchester are
stored one behind the other in a long tube under the Barrel which doesn't
come off.  So the only way to reload is one bullet at a time.

>So, anyone else heard of the crossed rifle scabbard deal? I thought a rifle
>scabbard attached to a saddle.

Well anything could be rigged up.  Ash had a Holster for his Shotgun on his
back.  and you could even technically quickdraw them but I would give a
major modifier.

>How about speed loaders? What exactly are these things? I know what a
>contemporary speed loader is, but that only works with a revolver that can
>be broken in half when opened. Did all western guns break open like that?

Pistol have speedloaders.  Rifles don't.

>I like playing with these two, so I certainly won't confront them with my
>criticisms. Hell, if my marshal okays it, who am I to gain say him? And
>having these munchkin howitzers with us certainly cuts down on the overall
>posse casualties.

Well Deadlands is first and Foremost a stylized Western Horror Game.  It
more like a Movie less like real life.  So one character wielding two Rifles
is kinda a cool idea.  But since it sounds like these guys are playing
clones of each other, I would mention something to the Marshal.  How cool
would the Man with No Name be if there were 20 other guys just like him.

Overall Let your Marshal know that these guys might be ruining the fun a
bit.  Then let him handle it.  Anything from enforcing their flaws a little
more(I have a feeling they have the standard Munchkins flaws..Blood Thirsty,
Grim Servant of Death, Mean as a Rattler), To disarming them(Nothing makes a
Gun Guy reconsider his character a bit like taking his guns away), to maybe
just getting one of them killed(Just hope to hell he doesn't come back
harrowed, or just cheat and not let him...Thats in a Marshals right)

Thats my two cents

Dan