Re: [DL] The Munchkin Twins

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 02:19  PM, Grand Master Nilus of the Dark
Angel Chapter wrote:
>> The each have a pair or Winchester rifles strapped to their backs, in
>> some
>> sort of leather rifle scabbards. I imagine this looks like some weird
>> samurai crossed swords thing.
>
> Samurai general Carry Daisho,  A Katana and a Wakizachi on there side.
> These guys just look like Targets for the Local Law enforcement

As a note, this is one reason my posse is currently trying to determine
a way into Richmond during their trip back east. I did let the group's
soiled dove get a friendly (and honest) contact who acts as an
in//storage place outside of town, but they are hesitant about dropping
all of their weapons off. (I warned'em about making one-dimensional
combat munchies! thankfully they really aren't they just need to have a
change of pace.)
<snip>

> Well Deadlands is first and Foremost a stylized Western Horror Game.
> It more like a Movie less like real life.  So one character wielding
> two Rifles is kinda a cool idea.  But since it sounds like these guys
> are playing clones of each other, I would mention something to the
> Marshal.  How cool would the Man with No Name be if there were 20 other
> guys just like him.

Also, I've found that characters rarely need THAT many rounds with
concentrated rifle fire. those things hurt!

> Overall Let your Marshal know that these guys might be ruining the fun
> a bit.  Then let him handle it.  Anything from enforcing their flaws a
> little more(I have a feeling they have the standard Munchkins
> flaws..Blood Thirsty, Grim Servant of Death, Mean as a Rattler), To
> disarming them(Nothing makes a Gun Guy reconsider his character a bit
> like taking his guns away), to maybe just getting one of them
> killed(Just hope to hell he doesn't come back harrowed, or just cheat
> and not let him...Thats in a Marshals right)

My posse adopted -too quickly- the concept of mutliating the bodies of
foes... They mostly stick to supernatural creatures, assuming that every
abomination will return from undeath. Hmm. Next adventure, they are
facing a true first-class nigh-invulnerable abomination, i think. let'e,
know they've got to think about things sometimes...

Anyway, since my posse knows this, I guess it's safe for NPCs to act the
same way. if they get a hold of some PC's corpse, imagine what they
might do to it, especially if the baddy is something really nasty.

For even more fun, there's the Deadlands version of a trick my D&D GM
pulled. dead PCs body was actually raised and sent with the counter
attack against us! For deadlands, what if a crittter/character knows of
a cursed place or ritual that adds to the harrowed draw, yet removes all
dominion.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)