Re: [DL] The Munchkin Twins (& peed Loading)

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 02:00  PM, Jeff Yates wrote:
>> The each have a pair or Winchester rifles strapped to their
>> backs, in some
>> sort of leather rifle scabbards. I imagine this looks like some weird
>> samurai crossed swords thing.
>
> Eh, you can pay a leather worker to make you anything, if you've got the
> money.  Makes it real hard to sit in a chair, or move thru tight spaces
> tho.

Looks like someone has to spec out a nice tunnel-rat type adventure...

<snip>

> But Real Life can interfere with Fun Game Play, so I allow the speed
> load skill to work on just about any firearm.  And speed load cylinders
> too.  As a Marshal, I get to use them for the baddies too this way.

I think this makes some sense. I've done (at various times) assorted
boring repetitive work like factory work, or punchdowns for telco work.
Sometimes, I'd just go for a rythym, other times I'd get bored and go
for speed. I'd try a new method, a more complex way of doing the
routine, etc. Sometimes, I'd make the speed load roll and work a bit
faster, other times I'd screw up and, like fumbling, drop a load of
whatever on my feet.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)