Re: [DL] Mutilating the Enemy (was The Munchkin Twins) SPOILER

>  >A wee bit of SPOILER SPACE, just in case.
>  >

>  >The only way to truly hurt the creature is for it to see its reflection.
>  >Anything more than a quick glance causes it real damage. It will covertly
>  >attempt to break any mirrors in its vicinity when it suspects combat is
>  >imminent.
>
> Nice.
>
>  >Point being, no ammount of firepower/preemptive mutilation will take care of
>  >this character. It'll keep coming back, and more powerful, until they figure
>  >out what its weakness actually is.
>
> What happens when the posse burns the critter to ashes?

(A valid question, Allan. Keep in mind, I'm making this stuff up as I go along. It just seemed like an interesting idea, so I'm running with it here.)

True, burning it to ashes would probably... inconvenience the creature (heck, it'd probably hurt like hell, too). Well, at a guess, I'd say that, over the next few hours (days, weeks... whatever it takes), the ashes would 'regroup', moving against the wind if necessary, and reconstitute itself using whatever is at hand (perhaps water at first to make ashen mud, moving on to fresh blood/meat when it becomes available to truly rebuild itself). In fact, this period of hunting could draw the posse back, with tales of livestock/people found stripped of flesh. Heaven help them when they discover that this new monster is actually the old monster, who is now very powerful, and very, very angry at them.

By the way, the more I think about this creature, the more I envision it with a human form (at least some of the time; perhaps a monstrous form as well?).

Derek

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup