Re: [DL] Question Regarding Last Crusaders - Martyr Blessings

On Saturday, April 6, 2002, at 11:31  AM, Siong Yiaw Chuah wrote:
> Hiya

Howdy... As a side note, you might get better answers from the HOE list,
bust as Shane himself said, there's a lot of overlap.

> I need to ask a question regarding the Blessings given to Templars by
> the Saint of Perseverance (or was it Willpower ... or was it
> Endurance ... but you get my drift).

I don;t have that one (yet) myself...

> It says in the book that "nothing on earth" can hurt the guy who spends
> a Legend Chip on this Blessing for one round. My contention is
> regarding the word "earth". Does this mean that the Templar in question
> can still be hurt by manitous or other creatures "not of this world" or
> does it mean that the blessing's ineffectual in a locale outside
> Earth - like in outer space or in the manitous' birthing grounds? Or is
> it just a figure of speech that is just telling me to treat it like
> total invincibility for one round?

I'd go with invincibility for one round. It is a legend chip after
all... It should be something truly heroic!  I don;t see how it could be
made abusive at that cost...

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)