Re: [DL] converstion from Deadlands to D20

In a message dated 4/9/2002 1:22:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, captrose@magicaldesk.com writes:

has anybody used the rules given on the Deadlands website to convert their characters?  I tried one, my Asian gunslinger based Chow Yun Fat.  Since there is no "shootin" or "fightin" skills and that is all he pretty much has, needless to say Tequila didn't convert well.  And since I don't know enough to try and give him a level, it was pretty sad.  No guts, no shootin, no fightin took away most all of my skills.
just wondering how any others had come out.
thanks.

Which is why I've always been so hesitant to put up conversion rules. You can't *just* convert a character. Your GM has to tell you what level to make him.

Shane