Re: [DL] Mad Scientists' Inspiration *spoilers*

Just to reiterate...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- Patrick Downs <knick_nevin@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- "wangenstein@mad.scientist.com "
<wangenstein@mad.scientist.com> wrote:
> Exactly what is it that the Manitou provide to Mad
> Scientists? Is it the concept for the final
device,
> which the MS then develops? For the technology
> behind it, which the MS then puts to use? Both?
> Neither? Something different?

I have always felt that the manitous were aiding the
MS to cast a spell of some sort.  The arcane energy
came from the souls trapped within the ghost rock -
thus the need for that ingredient.

You see, unlike with Hucksters or the Harrowed, the
manatous need not risk thier own power or skin to
wreak havoc.  However, the trade off (for them) is
that - for the most part - the MS is trying to do
good.  So typically the arcane device "does good" (or
makes fabulous flapjacks)  However, the spell is
rigged to possibly backfire.

Of cource the MS have no idea that they are "casting a
spell" they are, after all, scientists.  So they tend
to blot out the fact that the bluprint isn't really a
technical plan.  It is, in reality, arana for casting
a spell.  The manitou provided them with that insight,
and blinded them to the fact that thier plan could go
horribly wrong.

Anyway - just my thoughts.

Jeff Tolle