Re: [DL] Mad Scientists' Inspiration *spoilers*

>Does the manitou limit what the MS can invent? (It doesn't seem so, since
there's a device to >make intangible creatures solid, the Ectoplasmic
Calcifier, which would seem to be a tool >against ghostly abominations.)

One thing that's worth noting is that Manitou's do have some level of
control over what is created. As I understand it they will only help in
certain projects. In the Junkman Cometh (HOE) it states that no MS ever
created a device that could heal people. That's why some Junkers feel that
Junker magic is superior. On the other hand they are happy to help with the
steam engine that will allow you to transport troops or a new type of gun or
armour. They can't leap strait to very advanced technology like G-Bombs
though... they need to lead up to it. Besides, what's the point in some wild
eyed old man in the middle of the Nevada desert in 1890 creating the grock
bomb when he can only send it 10 miles? The point was to terraform the
world.

I also believe that the manitou is inspiring the whatever will do the most
damage at the time. If that means the engine then fine. If that means the
whole steamwagon then cool.

For a detailed history of technology see the Junkman Cometh.