Re: [DL]Listserv questions

On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 11:30  AM, Eric Avedissian wrote:

> Oh! I just remembered one:
>
> What sourcebooks are crucial to the game? Usually followed by - "I only
> have x number of dollars to spend so recommend a few sourcebooks."
> And everyone usually says Law Dogs.

My answer (being serious - sorry) is that I'm continually refining my
Deadlands kit. Since I run at at my friendly local game store (FLGS) I
have to cart my books back and forth every time. As such,  don't take
books I likely won't need.

Core consists (to me) of the main rules (2 books, plus The Quick and The
Dead) plus Hexacana (all the major AB updates in one book!) and a range
of other 'splatbooks'. Law Dogs usually fits. Since I have a blessed as
a semi-regular character I usually bring Fire and Brimstone, and since
the posse is in the east at the moment, both back East books are
included. The Agency always seems to get added in, and Ghost Dancers has
earned a spot, as well as Smith and Robards since I've recommended a
steam wagon or air carriage as a good way to become less dependant on
the railroads.

So, I guess the question should be: Any suggestions on how to carry all
this stuff?

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)