Re: [DL] keeping players alive

On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 12:56  PM, William Ogden wrote:

>> On Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at 10:57  AM, William Ogden wrote:
>>
>>> Not also that deadlands is generally a more realistic game than DnD;
>>> standing in the open and blazing away with your 6-gun is going to get
>>> you killed.  Cover, concealment, good tactics, etc. are important to
>>> stay alive.
>>
>> ...But it looks cool and may be worth some chips!
>> --
>> Brett
>
> maybe if you have Big Britches

Like I mentioned in a previous thread, i like to reward players plaing
in character instead of the standard swat-team style. If the player does
something like this and describes it appropriately, they deserve to be
rewarded. Maybe not with chips (or at least it'll be a negative sum when
he gets done spending for wounds) but with something... modifiers to
opponents rolls to resist being overawed, etc.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)