Re: [DL] Listserv questions

  Eric Avedissian <eric@pro-usa.net> wrote:

I've been on the listserv for quite a while and have enjoyed the
comments posted here. Pinnacle fans are the best in the industry for
their dedication to the game and their online civility. Amusingly, there
are quite a few questions that pop up time and again.
The most popular questions on the Deadlands listserv (drumroll...)

1. If Deadlands were a movie, who would you want to star in it?

Well, my current Posse has picked out their actors (one way we get a feel for how the characters look/act is to pick movie/TV actors who'd play the characters in the movie).  Current roster:

Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Chou, Elisha Cuthbert, Michelle Rodriguez, Jorja Fox, Josh Hartnett and Frankie Muniz.

2. What kinds of music do you play during your gaming sesion?

Wierd Wailin's.  Led Zepplin ("When the Levee Breaks" comes on when the Evil Shithammer of Doom looks to be falling on the party)

3. What movies/TV westerns inspire you?

BRISCOE COUNTY JR., WILD WILD WEST, PALE RIDER, anything by John Carpenter or Sergio Leone.

4. What are the stats for Stone?

Figure 10d12+10 for anything combat-related (including guts/overawe).  Otherwise, treat Stone like a more evil version of the Saint of Killers from PREACHER.  He's more of  a force of (super)nature that the party must escape than an enemy for them to destroy.

5. When is Great Weird North coming out?

Just as soon as Canada successfully invades the US (sometime around Summer, I've heard.  Them there Canucks is sneaky...)

6. Does this take place in the Deadlands universe?

Great Wierd North?  Yes.

7. Why is Pinnacle switching to D20 for Deadlands?

*Sigh*  IT ISN'T!!!!  Pinnacle, like any wise RPG business, is taking advantage of the great amount of filthy lucre to be made from licensing their world for using in the D20 system.  This is a Good Thing because it helps keep Pinnacle employees and their families from starving, thus they may continue to write stuff.

That's all I can think of for now!

Marshal Eric