Re: [DL] keeping players alive

Dans un courrier daté du 18/04/02 18:40:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
wes.anderson@lucasfilm.com a écrit :

> The point is not to try to kill them. Its not my job to kill them. The point
>  is not to cheat to keep them alive. If they could not die, what struggle do
>  they face? More to the point, if you are cheating to keep them alive, who's
>  players are bored?
>
>  Its not mine. My campaign drew a crowd of 14 players with more in the
wings.
>  I stopped it because I did not have the time or energy to keep up. The
>  campaign was that damn good, and you could ask any player in it and they
>  would tell you the same thing.
>
>  They respect and enjoy that I do not pull punches. Makes them think twice
>  about doing something stupid and getting themselves killed. (note: GETTING
>  THEMSELVES KILLED)
>
>   These rules that I posted were posted by a PEG employee a long time ago.
>  Might have been Goff, or Ashe? But you would have had to been playing that
>  long have wanted to be here and know that. They are a joke. You know ha ha
>  funny.
>
>  Didn't really think so.
>
>  Wes

Well... I'm brand-new to the list, not-so-new to Deadlands, and -that youl''l
call REAL horror- i'm french...
That said, as a arrogant frenchie, it is my idiosyncrasy to tell you:

The point is not to kill the PCs.
The point is not to keep them alive.
The point is to have FUN and tell a godamn' good story.

If a PC's death makes a better story than her survival, well, RIP. Most of
the times, survival is better. Of course, a good story is first (though not
only) a consistent one, so any PC dumb enough to kill himself  dies.
Well, sometimes, the dices will tell you a bad story... But frankly, who
listen that sterile, unintelligent, mechanically inclined bones? Who's in
charge, anyway??

Frenchie Fred