RE: [DL] Gettting a player dead

You know to take my idea a step further and throw in the temptation thing
you could...

Make that particular manitou a constant thorn in the side of the Blessed.
Its main ability is its inability to be discovered (no magic powers can
discover its existence within someone it has possessed; only spotting the
mask shaped birthmark somewhere on the possessed body).  Which could be its
name, Masque.

Anyway, at the end of the little girl adventure, he discovers a way to
remove the manitou but not destroy it.  It moves on.  Throw another
adventure in there before it appears again.  This time though, it's taken
over the body of a young woman whose husband was killed by the local
abomination.  She's comforted by the presence of the Blessed...

"Wouldn't you please stay the night.  I haven't felt safe since Chet died...
until you showed up."

If the manitou has its way, this will be when the Blessed sees the birthmark
for the first time.  <nod-nod wink-wink>

And after their done, she'll give an EVIL smile and say...

"Thanks for the ride, preacher.  Ah, you don't remember me.  I'm hurt.  Of
course last time you saw me I was just a little girl with a cut arm.  That's
right.  Don't bother trying to remove me again.  I'm leaving on my own.  I
do wish I could stay to see you explain to this young widow why you are in
such a delicate state together.  Of course, I think you have a bigger
problem with the guy upstairs.  Sleeping with the enemy is frowned upon.  I
think you're going to have a harder time dealing the real evil in this town
than you thought.  No, no, no, no, I'm not the one who killed her husband...
and the others you haven't found.  I don't do the dirty work.  Speaking of
dirty, I think it's time for me to go.  I hate having to clean these bodies.
See you later."

Have a couple more adventures with the manitou in other bodies, then make it
seem you're taking the game in a different direction.  Have the Blessed's
Bishop start giving them assignments.  Obviously the work of Good to begin
with... then they seem a little gray (taking out a smaller evil, but they
hear a bigger one moved in later).  Ah, you're thinking, the Bishop is
possessed.  Nope.  Masque has possessed the Bishop's favorite soiled dove.
It's used its knowledge and photographs to blackmail the Bishop into doing
what it wants.  Plus it keeps pushing the Bishop to further and further
degradations.  Eventually the posse will want to investigate the Bishop, but
it's a delicate situation.  If they expose the Bishop, it could mean good
people of the church losing influence due to the backlash.

Oh the joyous conundrums that are defining "good."

Anyway, you can expound on that.  It's a start.

[P.S.  To Wes:  Despite what you may have heard, I do not kiss guys.  :)]

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."