Re: [DL] Gettting a player dead

  Kevin L Stoner <stone1kl@cmich.edu> wrote:

> I'm not looking to punish him. But that damned blessed is night-
> invulnerableand not scared of anything. I'm looking to find a few
> angles to use to put
> the fear of god (hehehe) back in him.
>
> Horror loses it's touch when you got a Catholic superhero running
> roughshodover your evil minons and forces of evil.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

!
!
!
!!
!!
!
!
!
!
!!
!
!

>>Agreed, I currently run a game in the d20 version of Deadlands in which
there are 2 blessed who consistently turn the undead I put them up
against which should be more powerful then they. The only thing I could
come up with is having someone like Baron Lacriox create something akin
to a turning the holy kind of thing. Turn the priests instead of them
turning you. Just my thoughts. Maybe a relic of this nature would work
in DL Classic.<<

Why complicate matters?  Just use humans - especially in normal Deadlands.  Holy water doesn't work.  Neither does turning.

Also, while the sinnin' table is one tool for keeping the Blessed in line, it certainly isn't the only one.  The next time a Blessed breaks an important rule (like murder, etc), drop the Holy Shithammer on him.  The table says no killin' except in self-defense.  If the only "evidence" a Blessed has against somebody is a general "Ah smell a rat 'round here" feeling, blowing somebody away (even if that somebody is an evil cultist) is not self-defense.

Marshal Kevin Stoner