[DL] Hex Question

Does Black Lightning do massive damage? Tonight one posse member was
attacking an NPC's legs with a knife while the other had the NPC in a head
lock stabbing with his knife. The third posse member hits the NPC with Black
Lightning cast with a full house doing 4d20. All attacks occur on the same
card number. I declare the lightning conducts to the other players doing
2d20. They spend some chips, no problem. Well the player gets upset saying,
"My character would of known that would of happened so I wouldn't do that."
You have the spell description, your tough luck, read the fine print I tell
him. Then he asks a good questions, since it conducts it doesn't matter
where I hit the NPC it does massive damage. What do all of you think? It's
my game and I'm thinking no, but I'd like to hear ideas.