Re: [DL] Night Train

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dom Gallegos" <stylenz@hotmail.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 4:29 AM
Subject: [DL] Night Train

> Just finished the first session of Night Train. Everything went well.
> Interacting with the town and their issues. Then the trouble starts, it
was
> set up great. The posse was at one end of town chasing the noise as
> everything started. Now my question is how deadly is this adventure
supposed
> to be? I'm not one to just kill characters but my group is pretty big so I
> don't pull any punches. My group was dropping the baddies left and right.
> think all together they took 4 wounds through the night. I swarmed them
with
> 10+ and my guys just weren't hitting. What experience have you all had
with
> this adventure and what tactics were used? Thanks all.

I've got a large posse too, and definitely didn't pull any punches either.
However, nosferatu just don't hit well.  That said, they have some great
immunities, so while I didn't do a whole lot of destruction (except for the
Curious Reporter, he wandered off to investigate and got hisself killed.),
the posse had a hard time putting the baddies down too.  I decided that the
nosferatu would take whatever wounds were caused by gun fire as a stun
check.  And the buggers have a low (for my dice) vigor, so they'd take a
crit to the chest and then lie there and twitch until I could get my d10's
to roll well.  One PC had a sword, so he had to run around town and behead
the critters that the other PC's stunned.  Once they figured out that
beheading worked, that is.

The posse did decide to destroy the Night Train itself.  See previous posts
about Kewl Death Quotes for the exploding train (with posse members aboard).

Jeff Y.
Marshal For the Dynamite Gang