[DL] Night Train

Just finished the first session of Night Train. Everything went well.
Interacting with the town and their issues. Then the trouble starts, it was
set up great. The posse was at one end of town chasing the noise as
everything started. Now my question is how deadly is this adventure supposed
to be? I'm not one to just kill characters but my group is pretty big so I
don't pull any punches. My group was dropping the baddies left and right. I
think all together they took 4 wounds through the night. I swarmed them with
10+ and my guys just weren't hitting. What experience have you all had with
this adventure and what tactics were used? Thanks all.