Re: [DL] Question about Shootist - No mans land spoilers possible

At 03:35 PM 5/1/2002, Dan wrote:
>Heres a Question for all you guys and gals
>
>How much different is the new Shootist AB compared to the old hexslinger?
>
>I haven't picked up Texas Ranger books yet and was wondering what the
>differences really are.

The Shootist write-up has:
--More background and history, as well as an important development relating
the Archetype/Class to the current DL metaplot.
--A full explanation of the differences between them and Hucksters,
including the final staking to death of the "Do cards appear in their
hands?" question.
--Attitude: just like Hucksters look at the world through gambler's eyes,
the book gives you a look through the eyes of a gunslinger from Hell.
--The old hexes are revised, expanded and updated for both Revised Edition
and D20 Deadlands.
--Some brand-spankin' new Hexes like acoustic shadow.

         There you are, but please keep in mind, I *am* a little biased
about the book.;-)

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design
Southern by the Grace of God