Re: [DL] Frontier House - drifting OT

> > >Huh, we named most of the animals on our farm.  They still tasted just
as
> > >good. : )
>
> Assuming you were raised on a farm, then that wasn't unusual for you. The
slaughter of farm animals for food was a normal occurance. Not for this kid,
who associates living animals with pets or friends, not food. This kid was
traumatized by watching or being present when these animals he had come to
care for were killed by his father, at the behest of his mother. I admit,
farm kids are a different situation, but for someone who was trying to teach
their child a lesson, she did a terrible job...

Well, I will admit helping my father prepare my pet rabbits for supper
because they failed to produce babies was not the most fun I have ever had.
: )