Re: [DL] the Marshal's Fate Chips [PEG]

From: "Jeff Yates" <jyates@primaryfunction.com>
> > THINKING OUTLOUD: Maybe I'll go with 10 + 1 per Arcane
> > Background and Horrowed. That would give me 13 and make the
> > PC's think twice about 'dem spiffy supernatural powers.
> >

> That sounds like a good idea actually. Not too over the top, and
> seemingly well justified.  We've got 8 people sittin' around the table
> usually (sometimes one or two more!!) and that makes for 70 chips to 10.
> 70 to 13 isn't out of the question, and leaves it to the players whether
> the Marshal gets a chip or two extra to keep.

I'm going to mark my calendar, My first good idea to the list. Yippie!! =)

Normaly I find that I get enough chips from the player, infact I get more
the more players there are.

> Also, if by chance I have any chips left after the main villain shows up
> and the "Climax" (TM) of the yarn occurs, I toss them all in the pot and
> start over.  The players usually have lost nearly all their chips, so I
> figure I might as well too.  Well, the adventure probably ended with the
> posse blowing up the villain, themselves, and half the town's buildings
> with a wagon load of explosives.  Cycling thru that many characters
> seems to warrant a reset of Fate's view of the posse...

I reset my stack if more then half the posse changes, they could probably
use the break. =)  Black Chips might follow, though I have yet to give one
out, and I'd probably only carry the chip the posse earned while dyin'.
Though I might also base it on how much of the original possee is left.

---
... armchair philosophers? Where are they supposed to do it? "Descarte leapt
across the ditch as the bullets buzzed past his ears like angry wasps - 'If
all I can know is the product of my own perceptions,' he thought as he
punched another Hussar in the throat, 'then all I can say with any
confidence is "I think, therefore I am." ' Turning, he grabbed the Prussian
colonel's cap and wrenched down over his ears, tossing him back into the
trench now filled with twisted corpses."  --Radical Athority (rpg.net)